Friday, November 30, 2007

Political Debate

Watching the US Democratic and the Republican Debate on YouTube these past couple of days really enforces the notion that we are indeed living in a borderless world today and how important internet has become very much part of our everyday life.

The way those Presidential candidates answered and handled challenges/rebuttal/remarks thrown at them spoke volume of their maturity and ability to hold their composure and demeanor in front of millions of live audience both in the auditorium and on national TV. No calling of names, no shouting and gesture of profanities, no threatening words.

Unfortunately, the same could not be said of our Dewan Rakyat/Dewan Negeri debate.

Yet, these debates are being viewed, side-by-side, with the American Democratic/Republican Debate on the same YouTube.

Blogger Josh wrote from US:

Being here in the US and having the TV on all the time except when I am asleep, I couldn't help watching first, the Democratic Presidential candidates' debate then just two days ago, the Republican debate. I like the way people post Youtube videos and pose tough questions to the candidates. And I must say, most of the candidates are able to respond well and maintain their composure. They are even civil to each other although they are trying to snuff out the competition.

We in Bolehland do much better than them, ya? Ya? Ya??!

So to stir my pot of patriotism, I went to search for some videos of our dear leaders having intelligent, civil debate in Parliament. I was amazed by their intelletual capabilities and how eloquently they express their views. My my my. I feel so renewed, so refresed and of course, so patriotic.

You deserve the MPs and the Government you voted for !








1 comment:

gram.kong said...

Well, if you put some intellectually challenged people in parliament, that's what you get.Some of them behaved like gangsters and are prepared to get physical because there is very little in the head that can help them to have intelligent discourse.